Sunday, September 07, 2008

Qing's Big Day!

Finally....FINALLY!!! Finally I got to witness the big day of my jie mei, Qing!
In order to ensure that the entire customary wedding go according to the advised auspicious timing, we were told to arrive @ the bride's place before 6am. In other words, I'll have to wake up at 5am in order to wash up, get dressed & make up. But in the end, I only jumped out of my bed at 5.30am when Winnie smsed me. Oh no!! I just rushed like a mad person, from brushing teeth to make-up. I think I managed to step out of my house in like 15mins? Haha...Luckily I can easily walk to her house. Hee hee....
Most of the jie meis have already reached the bride's house by the time we got there. All were dressed in purple with a sweet purplish corsage tied to the wrist. But I think at that point in time, I was more excited about the gatecrash, oh well, nervous as well, coz I was to lead in the gatecrash. Haha....
Finally the groom & brothers arrived 15mins to 7am. Time was running short so we just have to speed up the "procession". Haha....to start off was the sour-sweet-bitter-spicy test where the guys have to gulp down the concentrates (not concoction but CONCENTRATES!). Haha....Like freshly squashed pure lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, freshly-cut bitter gourd & chilli padi. But I think the guys played cheat by stuffing the chilli padi in their pockets. *Boo*

Next was a series of questions about the bride thrown at the groom. He got quite alot of wrong answers. Hmm....So punishment for them was to make them wear the adult diapers which I've decorated. Wahahaa.... Not forgetting our angpows, of course. However, as time was running late & the elders were rushing us to open the door for the groom, we let them in for the final round of love pledge before the door leading to the bride opened. Yeah!!!
At last we can proceed to the groom's house for the subsequent ceremonies before heading to Marina Madarin Hotel for the lunch banquet. Still a busy busy afternoon running around the hotel, helping the bride. But it was fun. Hee hee..

Hope that Qing & Cy will have a blissful marriage & also a great time im US. Gonna miss her!

Pretty bride!


No comments: