Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Encounter with a "neighbour"

Come to think about it, I've already stayed in my current flat for almost 22 years. All these years, I still love my place very much because the neighbours here are nice and it is so convenient with all the shops strategically located just downstairs. Yes. I can go downstairs to buy anything without having to go under the sun or into the rain. It used to be that I can do the same to get to the wet market which was connected to my block but sadly, the market was burnt down last year. :(
Besides its convenience, I always feel that my place is pretty safe, since with the shops around, there's still be people walking around the neighbourhood at wee hours. So I always feel quite safe to go home alone even at late hours.

But just last Friday, I started to feel a little paranoid & begin to put on my guards whenever I leave or return to my house.

Last Friday nite, on my way home, I took the same lift up my block with this guy "neighbour". Both of us alighted on the same level but I have to take the stairs down to my house while he headed in another direction. Half way down the stairs, I heard him saying "Hi, Hi... excuse me..." At the moment, I thought that I've dropped something near the lift. Then I saw him walked towards me & asked if we could be friends since he sees me pretty often. Later he asked for an exchange of hp no., which I declined since i don't feel too comfortable giving out my no. to a stranger (although I know he stays same block as me but still feel uncomfortable about it). Eventually, I only gave my msn to him.

Subsequently, I received an email from him with a brief intro of himself (his name, age, occupation, blah blah) & his hp no. He still insisted on me exchanging hp no. with him as he claimed that he's hardly on msn. However, I saw him on msn for the next few days & every time he'll ask for my no. -_-zzz
I told him I'm attached & so is he. But he claimed that he wanted to be sincere friends with me. I think the freaky part is that he seemed to know my movements, like what time I'll be at the lift lobby waiting for lift, where I'll hang out on certain days. He even wants to join me for a jog although I work in the west. That day he even msn me to meet him at the staircase for a while. But I simply ignored the message. I wonder what he wants.

I do not think that his way of approach is as simple as to be sincere friends with me. He's too persistent & freaky already! Now everytime I wait for the lift at the lift lobby, I'll be so paranoid to look left & right, hoping not to bump into him.

Why is there such a weird neighbour here?? I'm just scared to go home alone now :(

No comments: