Saturday, August 13, 2005

Trip To SGH & Charlie & Coco Fac

Today was a pretty good day coz only got to work for half a day. Heehee~~ Got time-off to go for a pre-employment medical checkup at SGH in the afternoon. Sigh, the checkup was unlike the one I had last year at Raffles, it was so much more disorganised. My coll & I gotta re-queue for the different tests and it's so troublesome. In the end, the whole checkup took up a solid 2.5hrs to complete. Hmm... It appeared to be pretty stressful to work under a doctor, as from what I've observed. The executive who's supposed to take care of "VIPs" like us got reprimanded by the doc just because we came in earlier than the appointment time. Well, I don't think it's the executive's fault, probably the doc is scolding me indirectly. Isit wrong to be early for any appointment?? I thought most people would have done the same as me. I told the doc that I can go out & wait til my appointment time before seeing her, but...aiyoz, really feel sorry for the poor executive. ;-(
To think of it, it has been a good 13 years since I last stepped into SGH. 13 years ago, I was only 10 years old. Time flies....Back then, I had to make frequent trip to SGH with my parents to visit my ill grandma. I used to envision working in a hospital setting. Hmm...no idea why. Haha...but I've not really thought of becoming a doc (don't dare to dream of that), maybe just feel that it's a great place, where lives are saved, though not always successful.
Ok, back to my checkup, had 3 tubes of blood drawn & a jab. Ouch, my arm still aching after the jab. Blood withdrawal was "fun" as you see the tubes being filled up. Haha...think I sound crazy!! But the sight of blood didn't fear me. My coll was so terrified that she didn't even dare to look during the blood drawing. Haha...how is she going to be a nurse (she said she wanna switch to become a nurse!!)?? So many tests to undergo (still got to go back next week for spirometry & urine tests! Hope to get time-off again) and the results will only be out in a month's time. Frankly speaking, I do have some fear. Fearing that any results might turn out negative. Nervous!! The doc was surprised that we are handling so much lethal chemicals!! Sounds bad, I got scared by her too. Start to get more concerned with my health, and now, I'm even considering of switching line. But, my contract has been signed, guess will only switch line a few years done the road then (provided I'm still alive!).
At last! I managed to catch my Charlie & Coco Factory with my old pals (ermm...plus my friend's friend) tonite. So cool, have not watch any movie with them for donkey years!! A pity that 1 of our gang members has watched it, so no choice but to abandon her..Sorry, big bird... ;-(
On the overall, I think the show was ok, not as good as what I've expected, so not worth the $9.50. But interestingly, choco scent filled the entire theatre! Smart people! They were trying to capture the vision, hearing and smell of viewers!! Hmm...another sense that's missing - taste. Why not provide us with some chocolate bars?? Haha...
So tired after the show. Already 12+am by the time I get home. Yawn, yawn...time for bed. Sweetie dreamz...

No comments: