Wednesday, October 17, 2007

628 market is burnt!

If you do watch the news, you should have seen the report on a wet market at Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 being on fire last nite. Yah, exactly. It's the market located opposite my house.

I came to know about the market catching fire when Mum called me up last nite at 9+pm. By the time I reached home, all I could see was the market being engulfed by thick smoke. Along my way back, I saw a few fire engines coming into the area. It looked as if they are shooting some film. But what came before us was a REAL FIRE! Earlier on, the news did report on this accident. Basically all stalls were badly burnt. Everything was charred. It's really a sad thing. In just a one-hour fire, all the hawkers have lost everything. Many must be devastated.

Now there is plan to set up a temporary market at one of the carparks nearby. But it would also mean that the hawkers will need to fork out another sum of money to pay for the tempoary premise on top of the loses they are suffering now. Sigh... Hope more help will be rendered to them.

Now me & the residents here are going to miss the good food at the hawker centre as well. Sigh... Hope the businesses can resume soon!!!

No comments: