Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day! Qing's Big Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Today is also my day off from work. But wait, please don't get it wrong. I didn't take leave to celebrate V'day but to attend my dearest friend's big day. Yes yes, it's Qing's & CY's ROM day! Congrats to Mr Chua & Mdm Tang. Oppz... I should address you as Mrs Chua! Hee hee....

Got up at usual hour as on any other working day & I was greeted with a nice & yummy Big breakfast. Haha... I supposed I can call it a V'day special. Yes, though it's just a simple breakfast, but it really made me quite happy. Thanks LLT!!

The whole afternoon was a busy one. Three of us accompanied the bride & groom to their bridal shop for the make up & dress up before rushing down to the Registry. Phew! We only managed to reach the Registry 5 mins before the allocated time slot due to some hiccups along the way. Luckily we were still in time, although all guests had already arrived and were waiting for the couple. With just some 5 mins spent in the registrar office, and they are now husband & wife! That's really fast! Wanna say again, congrats to both of you & have a blissful marriage! After some photo-shooting, off we went to Carousel @ Scotts for our High-tea with the couple, their family & friends!

Post-ROM was more of F&E, own activities. Yah, many were off to meet their partners to celebrate their V'day. Along the way @ Orchard road, you could easily find people seizing this great opportunity to sell overpriced roses. Yah, overheard one vendor selling her "old-fashionedly" wrapped (you know those traditional silver wrapper for flowers? So out-dated now!) roses going at $6 per stalk. Wah, freaking expensive manz!! Just then, I asked my partner if he would get those flowers for me. But his answer was clearly a NO. He said he'll rather give me the $6 than buy the ridiculously expensive flowers. Then he really dug his wallet for $6. All I told him was that I wanted 999 stalks of flowers not just 1 stalk ( so $6 x 999 = $5994!!!!). He simply stood there, speechless. Wahahaa....

Well, we just went for a free movie screening that evening (coz he has won some movie ticket again! Haha!!) then home sweet home. As simple as that. No flowers, no presents, no fanciful/overly-priced dinner but just a Big Breakfast & a nice stroll home. That's really nice & sweet enough.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: