Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Disappointment

It's been quite a while since I last blog. Oh well, it's not because I'm too busy with work or with my personal life. Life has been boring lately, so I got nothing much to blog about. Haha...

Why is my life boing lately? Cos my work PROJECTS (yes, with the 'S') all just got killed lately & I'm now waiting to start on something new. So now for most of the time, I'm waiting for time to pass. Arghh!! Research can sometimes be really demoralising! Actually I'm neither emotionally nor physically attached to the projects lah. Just wondering why is this disease area so hard to work on. Maybe we just lack luck? Maybe it's the retribution we human are getting from the countless changes (many harms included) we have done to alter nature. Well, only god knows! :)

Anyway, to counter this "boredom" which I've been experiencing lately, the thought of furthering studies has been on my mind. Actually, I always wanna further my studies, but just when to start on it. Finally took some actions, started with emailing profs, checked out the viability with my boss and today, I just checked out the possibility of getting funded with my HR. Disappointed to hear that the quota for funded students is now full anf probably the earliest which there'll be a vacancy is early 2011. OMG! I'll be 29 years old by then. I wouldn't want to embark on a 3-4 years of studies then. Too old for it by then. Sigh...

So right now, I'm still thinking of an alternative to it. Either apply directly to the uni then pray & hope that I'll be offered a scholarship. Though with a much lower stipend, I hope I'm still able to survive then. Alternatively, I'll seek a job change soon bah.

Will just stay positive then! ^_^

No comments: