Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Mummy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAREST MUMMY!


Today is a really busy day. Broke my routine of gym today for the Dragonboat race. Hee hee....So exciting!! Our heat was scheduled at 4.50pm today but we arrived at Bedok reservoir much earlier to watch the other heats. As I watched it, I felt more & more nervous. Afterall, this was my very first time taking part in a Dragonboat race, though as a drummer only. But still, I was totally clueless of what's expected of me other then hitting the drum, of course! LPP & I played "scissors, paper, stone" to decide who to drum 1st (since we got 2 race boats). Haha...me being the loser lead the 1st race then.

Unlike the practice boat which I rode on last week, the race boat was much more shallower and lighter. Every little movement by the rowers or the water waves could easily be felt and so for me to sit at the front tip of the boat was pretty scary. What made it even scarier was that i had to sit at an elevated level. Wooo.....I could only cling on tightly to the drum lo. Wahaha....not so much for my life only, but if I got thrown out of the boat during the race (which has never happened so far & I hope I won't be the 1st to create history of it), the team will be disqualified.

So for the race, we'll have to row (leisurely) from the finishing point to the starting point where at the starting point, the drummer (Me!) got to hold on the the buoy the throw it into the water once the horn sounded. Exciting! The minute the horn sounded, I threw the buoy & hitted the drum to give the rowers the beat for their strokes. Nervous nervous..... 800m to go for the race! Finally, we landed in the 4th place in our heat which consisted of 5 boats, clocking a timing of 5.20mins. 2nd boat did even better with a timing of 5.07mins. However, we did not managed to get into the semi-finals which will be held tomorrow. Nevertheless, it was a really good experience :)

After the race, I rushed back home to celebrate my dearest mummy's bday! Hope she stays happy & healthy always!! Love her lots!! After our "traditional" bday song singing & cake cutting, we made our way to De Coder's Cafe @ Bukit Timah for Claudia's bday party. By the time we reached it was pretty late and the group was already playing the games already. Haha... So I made use of this chance to pester LLT to bring me to Waffletown. Wahaha... Wish granted & stomach satisfied. After that back in the cafe for cam-whoring. wahahaa....

So tired now. But it was a really enjoyable day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MUMMY & CLAUDIA! Good nite everyone :)

No comments: