Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Do I look like a terrorist?

I been standing infront of the mirror since I got home today. No no...not that I'm self absorbed in admiring my looks. *PUKE* But rather, I wonder if there's anything wrong with my looks or what caused it to happen for 3 consecutive days.

It really got me a little pissed when my gym bag got checked today, for a 3rd time, within these 3 days. All these 3 days, I was on my way off from work to take the train and the staff at the MRT station was walking towards me as I tapped my ezlink card and entered the gate. Already used to the signals she gave, I knew she wanted to check my bag AGAIN.

Me: "This is the 3rd consecutive day that you are checking my bag. Is there any problem with my bag?"

She just smiled and said, " Just checking lah."

As I routinely, for the 3rd day, placed my bag on her desk and unzipping my bag, I said, " What you are going to see in my bag are going to be what you've seen for the last 2 days!"

I think she felt a little embarassed and so tried to change topic by saying this, "You came from school?"

Me getting a little more pissed off by now said, "I've told you yesterday already. I'm going to gym."

WAHHHHhhhhh!!! I really want to faint already! Can't believe that I'm so sway to get checked by the same lady 3 days in a row!

Swayness aside. Afterall, who else can I blame but my own looks. Maybe just because I look a little tanner, so I resemble MS? Haha!!! Oppz. That's a bad joke.

But I really doubt the efficiency and effectiveness of their spot checks.

1. Checking on the same person for 3 consecutive days. If the problem really lies wih me (my looks, my skin colour, or probably smell of chemicals on me since I work in a lab, etc), I will be more than willing to cooperate with you to go through some questioning or whatsoever.

2. If the suspect is on my big bag, then I think the staff should check more thoroughly instead of just getting me to unzip my bag yet she's not even checking the individual small bags in my gym bag. Anyway, those small bags only hold my running shoes, clothes lah. Nothing hazardous. But can you imagine if it some real terrorist? I think the way their staff check the bag, they can never find anything lor. Even if there is a b***.

So please, if want to check a bag, check it thoroughly and not so haphazardly. Otherwise, it makes me feel insecure to travel on public transport too.

Haiz...so I guess, the best way for me to "escape" from this tomorrow is to carry a small small handbag. Then spray some perfume before I leave office. As for my skin colour, I doubt that I can make any immediate change right now. Probably I should start splattering whitening cream on my face & carry an umbrella out during lunch!

No comments: