Saturday, June 21, 2008

My first attempt!

Today I had my very first try on......

DRAGON BOAT
!!!
It was really fun! LPP & I are supposed to be the drummers for the Kormodos team for the dragonboat race next weekend. So we joined the team for practice at Kallang river today for a preview of it. Hee hee.... Since there wasn't any drums for us to practise on, we had to take turn to sit at the front of the practice boat and count the beats. So whoever that's not doing the beat counting would get a taste of paddling. Oh manz! It was really tiring to paddle. I think my arms & lower back are going to ache tomorrow. How am I going to go for body pump class then? Hmm....
The paddlers in the team are definitely a nice bunch to be with. Being my first time on a dragonboat practice, they were kind & helpful to guide us in the instructions given by the coach. Hee hee...
Yah, probably you are wondering why on earth do I get into this dragonboat team out of a sudden huh? Actually part of the team consists of my colleagues. They were then in need of drummers for their race next week and asked around for suitable (small-sized), interested people, be it with or without drumming experience. So their main criteria was that the drummer has to be LIGHT & SMALL-SIZED! Erhh... actually I'm just SHORT lah, not really light. 4X kg lor! LPP was much lighter than me. But I guessed that they were too kind to reject me, so each of us will drum for a boat in the race, fair & square. Haha...
What's scary was that they told us that since drummer has to be the lightest, we will have to be in bikini or probably a special leather costume which will come with a whip as well. Erhh...sounds very the ... ... In the 1st place, I doubt leather is light lo. Guess they are just trying to scare us off. Haha...
Yah, the race i on this Saturday & Sunday at Bedok reservoir. Be there to support us! Though time unknown yet. Wahaha...

No comments: