Sunday, February 27, 2005

Makan Challenge???

Today, I had a more than usual Saturday. I have to wake up early in the morning just like my usual work days. Ermm... no worries, not heading for work. I've agreed to join my dear friend in youth activity called "Makan Challenge". YOUTH??? U must be wondering how come I'm still considered as a youth...Haha... Hey, youth = 25 years old & below... So I'm safely under this category... Hehe... on the upper end of the age range though...
The weather did not turned out as expected, it rained before the challenge began. But it's in fact a good sign that it's starting to rain again!! The weather is getting back to normal I hope. Well, the heat these days is killing me... Thank god, we were lucky enough that the rain stopped just before the programme commenced, though still drizzling... But it was good enough to start...
We had a "good" time running from Youth park to Dobby Ghaut, then to Orchard & back to Dobby Ghaut... Well, it didn't just ended there... We had these sort of crazy runs for a couple of times & it's driving my legs mad... PLUS, I was soaked with a mixture of rain water & sweat... YUCKS... Seriously, I stinked & it's really disgusting!!! But what a great workout I had on a Saturday morning!!
What's more disgusting is that you know what sort of great delicacies we had for the so-called Makan Challenge? Yeah, it's really "delicacies"....things like chilli, bittergourd, lime, apple, sour plum, tomato, and worst of all, raw beansprout!!! Now wonder my friend's bf got diarrhoea...Haha...
Well, our team didn't do too badly, at least we came in sixth among the 20 teams...though we've missed the first 4 prizes (1st prize was a bluetooth MP3, not ipod, as previously claimed by my dear friend...) we managed to get a consolation prize!!! Ermm...well, it's a pathetic pilot pen & pencil set...(pretty sad case)...
Had a gd time with another dear at Essential Brew restaurant in the evening... A pretty nice place to sit & laze around on weekends... Highly recommended!!!

No comments: