Sunday, December 11, 2005

23 Years & 1 Day Old

I'm 23 already!! Wow, so fast, another year has passed. But glad to say, this year has been a revolutionary year for me - many happenings and changes to my life. Of course many unhappy things too, which have brought my mood & emotion on a rollar coaster ride, and I guess I'm still suffering a little from the after effects. But things have definitely been alot better that a few weeks back. Hope I'll be 101% back to my normal self soon!! ;-)
Phew! At last the 3-day long conference is over!!! Nearly died of boredom then! Some talks were really boring and my mind just wandered off (& never come back!! Haha). It's a eye-opening experience thou, having the chance to meet those fantastic chemists. I do wonder if I can be as outstanding as them... But the thought was always dampened. OMG, I only got a bachelor, how to get such acheivement like them?? Will some kind soul give me an overseas scholarship?? I yearn for that, but I doubt I'll get the chance. ;'(
Yesterday Ah Bao delivered a cake to my doorstep. Wow, I'm so touched, thou it's just a slice of cake but it's the thought that really counts, isn't it?? Nice delicious cake, dunno if i'm able to eat it anot coz I dun want the peanuts to stuck to my gums. So the cake is still lying in my fridge. Haha
Mnay people have been asking me what are my bdae wishes this year. Truthfully, I've been too busy with work & conference these few weeks, hardly have the time for a good rest, let alone thinking about my bdae wishes. Guess another typical wish I have is that my family & friends to remain healthy and happy. I think it's really important after going through and seeing many unhappy things this year. On a personal note, I shall keep my other wishes undisclosed. Wahaha...
But it seems like many of my friends and colleagues made a wish for me instead. All of them can't wait to sell me off the shelf! But why?? 23 yrs old only, I'm still young, rite??haha.. Well, know that they are concerned and I'm thankful for that. But I simply feel that r/s isn't something that one can rush into. Not to say that I'm picky or anything, but it's still not my upmost priority now. My colleagues were even commenting that I look so different at work & at social functions. Aiya, of course, working in lab need no formal or nice dresses since I gotta put on a labcoat over what I wear and I dun want to contaminate my nice clothes. So basically I prefer to dress casual, in t-shirt and jeans at work. But their comments made me think that I dress really ugly at work. OMG!! But anyway, who cares, I'm there to work & not to fashion-show and there isn't any nice guys around. Wahaha.. ;-p
Interestingly, those colls of mine even asked me to start dressing up & putting make-up to work to attract the opposite sex. OMG!! I think that sounds crude and makes me like a desperado. Anyway, I want someone who's attracted by my character not looks, that's too superficial, isn't it?? furthermore, putting on make-up to work is a no-no since I work in a chemical lab. That's too dangerous and I think it's bad for skin too. Haha
Ok, back to my celebration yesterday. Besides attending the conference and indulging in the buffet lunch then skipping the entire afternoon's talks just to nap at home, I attended MayDay's concert. It was fantastic, with the exception of the poor sitting arrangement. Well, it's a pretty flat arrangement so basically I can mainly see the heads infront of me given my height. Haha...That's the problem when you don't get the most expensive seats. But i still prefer to watch concerts at SIS, sitting arrangement is way better than yesterday's. Rock band's concert was really fun. We even stood on our seats but were later chased down by the security. Stupid Idiot!!Such flat sitting arrangement, who can see?? i should have brought a ladder there. Haha
Haven't been blogging for so long and now I feel that I got so much to blog about. But I gotta go out to fix the Xmas presents and meet my friend for dinner. Will blog again some time soon!!! ;-0

No comments: