Saturday, December 31, 2005

Interesting Morning of wet-marketing ;-)

Today I got up super duper early (6+am, around the same time as my working days but today is Saturday!!!), thou I only slept at 2am yesterday. Why??? Today I'll be hosting a steamboat dinner at my place, having it with Yu & Qing & of course my family!!! Yoz...So excited!! But gotta do some wet-marketing to get all the food ready for tonite! ;-)
Wow, the market was already pretty packed with people (kiasu aunties!!!) at 7+am. Being young and a shortie among the crowd was pretty disadvantageous to me. Coz I'm not as experienced as the KS aunties to fight for attention from the sellers. All I can do was to wait patiently and queue for my turn to get everything packed. *I'm such a "law-abiding" young singaporean!!* LOL
Thank goodness. The veg seller auntie has longed recognised me, coz she knows my mama. Always call me "xiao mei", haha....feel so young manz... Haha...So i do get some priority in getting my things packed (and also not to get cheated by them!!). ~Smilez~~
I then went over to the butcher to get the pork rib for making the steamboat soup base. Aiyoz, so many people crowded round the pretty butcher auntie, so I thought she's showing some stunts or what. Poor butcher auntie, she was surrounded by some "desperate housewives"! Oh, thse housewives are not like those in the reality show 'Desperate Housewives', crazy & yearning for new love. Rather, those that I've seen were desperate to buy the "prettiest" piece of pork! Scary manz, I saw not just 1, but 3 of them entering the butcher auntie's chopping area, and watching her every chop & cut. That's so stressful for the butcher auntie. *If I were the butcher auntie, I'll wave my chopper at those desperados!! Haha* I'm a violent gal!!!
I think those aunties are nuts. Looked like they were afraid that the butcher will cheat them of their pork or what. I think these aunties dunno Sg rules. Didn't queue somemore. Luckily the butcher auntie was very fair. She ignored the cut-queue auntie and came over to serve me. Wahaha... Haiz...acutally i hate pork le, I don't really eat pork coz I think it has a weird smell and I find pig (real ones) quite disgusting. Haha...but no choice, my mama said that using pork ribs to make soup is better. So I follow... ;-)
I also bought quite alot of yong tau foo ingredients, but I'm still afraid that those are not enough for my pals. But only 2 of them coming... Haha.. So I'm a kiasu person too. Hope I won't turn into a "desperate housewife" like those I've seen.. ;-p
Bought half a watermelon for after-dinner. All by myself and it's so heavy!!! But ok, still managed to carry all home. Hehe...
At last got to talk to my sis. Maybe it's the breakfast which I've bought. Hehe~~ *Happy* But still unhappy about what she said to mama... So hurting... ;-(
It's pouring heavily now, and that Fish still not here yet!!! aRGhhh....Super ultra late QUEEN!!!! I'm almost done with all the preparatory work & she's still not here... ;'(
Ok, beta go & bathe before she arrives. Happy New Year and have fun people!!! ;-)

No comments: