Sunday, June 10, 2007

Learning to be Happy

Being happy is actually a very simple thing yet some people find it hard to find their own happiness. Well, I guess it just lies in one's mind, how you would define happiness. To me, many things can make me happy. Having a fulfilling job, doing what I like, eating what I like, talking to friends, hanging out with like-minded friends, spending time with family & loved ones and of course seeing that my friends & family are leading a happy life will make me happy. Yah, as simple as that (seems alot thou. Haha)!

However, I've seen people who get jealous of her friends when they seem happier than her. Not only that, she even use sarcastic words which not only hurt her friends but will eventually hurt herself the most. This is because in the course of it, she begins to lose her friends. But as her friends begin to isolate from her, I wonder if she does self-reflect on what has gone wrong. More often than not, it appears to me that she does not realise her problems. So in the end, it looks like the cycle just repeats itself again & again, with different group of friends. Sigh...

Weird person? Well, I think it's more of selfishness.

I don't see why someone should be jealous instead of envy their friends when they are happily attached. As for me, I'll definitely feel very happy for my friends when they find a good partner (whether I'm single or attached). I guess to a great extend, I believe in fate bah. If the someone is destined to appear in your life, he will, if he doesn't, too bad then. Haha... Even being a single, I was a happy single (oppz!! I don't mean that I'm not happy now, ok? Haha). I think it all lies in one's mind, on how you view things.

I came across this sentence in a magazine & do agree with it.
"It's only when you're happy alone that you can be truly happy with another person. Otherwise, every relationship you have will be based on need rather than want."

So learn to be happy first!

No comments: