Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm back from Istanbul!

Yes! I'm back from my 9-day business + holiday trip to Istanbul!! Time flies so fast. 9 days just passed like that & I'm now back to Sg, back to work already. My 3 other colleagues & I were sent to Istanbul, Turkey, for a Medicinal Chemistry conference, AIMECS 07. Hmm...well, conference wise it was abit too academia, more university-based research were presented instead of industrial-related ones. However, still managed to see some interesting tuberculosis research (related to my research), which my boss has tasked me to pay attention to & report to him the research which had been conducted. Stressed manz! Coz I'm the only one in the group working on TB now.

Anyway, back to Istanbul. On the overall, it's a pretty nice place with nice sea views, lots of mosques (at least 1000 over of them!) & palaces too. The turks guys are handsome too, with very long & curly eye lashes (so envious of them!!) and sharp features. Haha... For the past 9 days, I've been having lots of hard bread/pita & kebabs (lots of lamb, limited chicken, well, only chicken breast meat) with VERY VERY LITTLE greens. Felt so deprived of vegs then coz I'm a veg-lover! Yah, the only veg they commonly have are tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants & pasley. NO GREEN LEAFY VEG!!!! I think that's quite torturous for me, so just a day before I returned to Sg, I called up my dear mum asking her to prepare a "green dinner" for me when I'm back. Haha... Yah, I really miss Sg's food!

Took lots of photos but still in the midst of sorting them out. Will post them up soon. Heez...

Besides staying in Istanbul, we took a short flight to Izmir then to the small city there called Kusadasi. A nice sea side city & I love the sunset there. It was really really nice!!! Our main purpose to Kusadasi was to visit Ephesus, where one of the old 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Artemis, is located. Really enjoyed the exploration!

Now back to work again. I'm looking forward to my next holiday. But when will it be? Sigh...

No comments: