Monday, August 27, 2007

What a "cold sweat" day!

Today is a hot & sunny day except for a short passing shower. What a fine Monday! But I was already in "cold sweat" early in the morning. Got up at the usual timing but not for work. Had to put on my freshly-ironed long sleeves shirt & pants, make up and make sure that I look nice & presentable before leaving my house. Yah, probably by now you would have guessed that I went for an interview. Haha...

It took a good 1.5hrs to reach the place. Everything there just appear so familiar yet so distant. Familiar coz it's still the same receptionist and many things still look the same as they were 4 years back. Distant coz it feels kinda weird when you return to a familiar environment as a visitor & having to go through the interview by the familiar people which gonna feel kinda awkward. But as expected, the interview was tough!!

The interview was broken down into 3 segments - general questions, techinical questions and finally mechanisms. General questions were mainly on what I've been doing for my present job, why am I looking for a job switch, etc. Technical questions were more for them to see how I will respond to different situations & how I will go about solving the problems. Mechanisms are just about drawing arrows here and there to show how electrons flow. Though I expected such technical questions, I decided to take things easy and so didn't prepare anything. Haha...

So since I wasn't very much prepared for the interview (I don't want to give myself so much pressure either. Haha), I guess I won't be too upset if I don't get shortlisted for the 2nd interview. But it's definitely a good "refresher" to go through an interview again after not attending any for the past 3 years. Haha... So now I'll just have to wait & see. =)

No comments: