Monday, November 05, 2007

Back to School!

This afternoon I went back to my alma mater, NUS. Not back to study la, just back there to submit a sample for elemental analysis. Hmm....although that's the main reason why I was there, but I think PT, RH & I spent more time looking for old friends, exploring the new canteens & went Co-op shop-shop. Haha....I suddenly felt so old in there. Afterall, I've already left NUS for nearly 3.5 years already. Time flies!

But it felt great to be back to school, an energetic & vibrant environment! Heez....kind of miss those schooling days. Miss lectures, tutorials, rushing assignments, preparing for tests & exams. I know I sound crazy now. Having to go through all the grueling work, burn midnight oil again, who wants? Haha...

Anyway, RH & I managed to get a copy of Clayden's organic chemistry textbook each for personal use. Yah, $70 for a book that's work-related yet we have to fork out from our own pocket. Crazy? Hardworking? Haha.... Well, to me I'm getting it for my own good la. Anyway, I've been wanting to get the book for quite some time already. Need to thank Cat too for getting the discount card for me. Hee hee....

After touring around Science faculty, we trios went over to Arts Canteen for lunch. It is now nicely renovated and it looks so much more spacious now. Back to school = back to cheap & decent food. I had vegetable rice with 2 veg + 1 meat which only costs me $1.80. I also ordered my all-time-favourite drink in the Arts canteen, strawberry-jackfruit juice. Yummy!! Still tastes as good, at only $1.30.

Felt so satisfied, not just my stomach. Happy to have my very own Clayden's organic chemistry book now!! Heez....

No comments: