Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome 2008!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Year 2008 just arrived without me really realising it! Yah, time to wake up!! Yawn yawn....

Anyway, had an interesting new year countdown @ Music Dreamer Live! Cafe. A small yet cosy place where we were entertained by songs & games as we munched on the snacks & drank the bubble tea. At the stroke of 12 midnite, we wished one another Happy New Year & rushed out of the cafe to catch the fireworks. Haha....we were pretty lucky to get a good view of the high-flying fireworks. Hee hee... So nice!!! Hope it marks a good start for me, for US!!!

Coming to my "self-appraisal" & New Year resolutions. So for the past 1 year, what have I acheived & what have I not achieved?

But all in all, 2007 is a pretty eventful year. Early in the year, it started off with a new chapter in life with LLT. Not something that I would expect though, coz I always claimed that I wanna be a nun. Haha.... But really want to thank him for always being there to share my joy & wipe my tears. Hee hee....

Friendship wise. Lost a few & gained a couple. Losses? Well, people change over the years or because of things in life which could have triggered changes. But whether those changes are for good or for worse, I guess only time will tell. I welcome the new friends who have entered into my life and I will continue to treasure the old friendships I have! Thanks friends!!

For the past year, I have also watched lots of movies, a couple of musicals & plays such as 'Phantom of the Opera', 'Dim Sum Dollies in the History of Sg', 'Titoudao', 'Kumar the Queen', and a few more which I've forgotten the title. Haha.... Attended a few concerts too,which include Mayday's, Christina Aguilera's, Cheer Chen's, A-Mei's & ended with Fish Leong's.

Holidays wise. Sadly, 1 Penang trip with Pig then a business trip to Turkey, Istanbul & Kusadasi. But I totally love Kusadasi!! Nice sunset, interesting place. But too bad we got too little time there. Not too long after my Turkey trip, my uni good friend, Pig, left for US for 1.5 years. Sob sob... So miss her. Now I got one less travelling & shopping kaki. But still hope she'll do well in US. I'll find you soon, ok??

As for my work, I'm kinda of doing work that will help people achieve "success" & not we ourselves achieving it. Hmm.... 2008 is going to be another of the same kind. Sigh... Well, yah. Again, it's time this year to seriously think about my future!

One of my resolutions every year is to pick up a new skill and for last year, it's rock-wall climbing. Fun, & gd experience! So what's up for this year? Hopefully a new language like German (Still hoping that I can go Basel for work/studies some day. LOL) & yes, diving! Which I've procrastinated for 2 years. Haahah...



~2008~
So for 2008, I definitely hope to achieve much more & be happier. Work wise, I need to really think about which direction I'm heading. I don't want to be stuck as an associate in R&D forever!

I also want to travel to more placs this year! Yah, I know travelling is costly, but I wanna go out to see the world! Hopefully I got enough leave & $$ to go US to look for pig! Yes, and also my diving trip. Hee hee..... So hope that I'll get a big fat bonus, which I really doubt so. Sigh...Anyway, I intended to cut down on the performances I attend to make my holiday trips possible! =)

Other than these, I hope to have more time spent with my family especially. More family dinner, outings & hopefully a family holiday trip! Yes yes, also more time with YOU, my friends. Hee hee...

Cheers to 2008!! Hope it's a good luck year!!! Hehe....

No comments: