Saturday, May 12, 2007

Stressful Week

This week has been a busy week. A week packed with in-house NMR training and we didn’t even have time for lunch. In case you have no idea of what’s NMR, I’ll talk briefly about it. Basically NMR stands for ‘Nuclear Magnetic Resonance’. To put it simply, it is an analytical technique used for the determination of the structure of a substance. So my training was on the use of the new software to operate the powerful yet complex instrument. Lots of mathematical & physics stuff involved in this training, which totally drove me crazy! My brain was congested coz there’s so much things to learn and there so much expectations from us. OMG!! Thank goodness, there’s LPP & RH in the training as well. Though the 3 of us are equally blurred & stressed, we still have a good time learning together. We were also lucky that the trainer was very patient with us. Heez~~ But sitting in the NMR room for the entire day doesn’t feel good at all, half the time I felt like dozing off. It makes me realize again that I’m not the cut for desk-bound job. Wonder how many cups of coffee I’ll need then. Haha~~ I really miss labwork for the past week!

I finally got to meet up with Rain on Thursday. So sorry about it, gal. Last min OT & gotta delay our meeting time and change our meeting location as well. Yah, not only that, our supposedly dinner cum KTV session was simplified to just a dinner at CWP. Sorry about the delay for your BDay present too. Will get it soon, ok? Nevertheless, I was happy to meet up with you even though it was a short meetup at CWP for dinner & ice cream followed by chit-chatting over at your house. Heez… And of course, thanks for the new pot of plant you got for me from Taiwan. Just in time to replace the poor dying cactus you got me the previous time. Haha~~ Thanks a lot, gal! :)

Went back to work for half a day today. So I miss one of my favourite - Sat's gym classes! But anyway, now I've got half a day of time-off to clear. Thinking of when to clear it. Haha~~ Managed to pick up a few travel guides from the library before heading home. Yeah, gotta read up & start preparing for my Turkey trip! In the evening, I met up with PY, XY & WL for dinner to celebrate XY's BDay. Happy Birthday to XY! Nice meetup, we did lots of shopping (but I'm the only one who went home empty-handed! haha), makaning & chit-chatting. Still, all that I've done didn't improve my moodiness. Sigh... Why? Why?

No comments: