Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hmm....So what Am I good at?

Today I've attended an opening talk as well as a lab tour at our rival company, which is also my attachment company. Haha~~ Well, part of the talk was good and their lab was a very well-planned one. Truly impressed by how well-organised their lab facilities are! After that had some discussions with my colls. So if given a choice now, would they want to stay in our present company or to job hop to our rival company? Hmmm.. Indeed, our rival company being the top-ranked pharmaceutical company, it's definitely an attraction to many. But many of us would choose to stay in our present company even though in terms of company benefits & $$, it'll be incomparable to theirs. There's alot more factors which will outweigh the $$ & benefits factors. Hmm... What I've always like about my co is that it's not a commercial lab and the environment her is very conducive for learning. Yes, I always feel so proud that my co's mission is to find medical treatment for the developing countries. Such a novel thing to do, rite? Haha~~ Furthermore, like what I've always said, I have a great bunch of crazy colls! Yah, dunno why, everyone's getting crazier & crazier lately. Haha~~ But we really have lots of fun.

So sometimes, I feel like having a job change, yet I really can't bear to leave my present co. Haha~~

I've always been thinking. So what am I good in? In which field can I excel? I know that in R&D, it's gonna be tough to excel if I just stay on with a degree, I'll wash testtubes for the rest of my life probably. If I go into manufacturing, given my character,I'll probably just die there becoz I know how political it can be. What am I good at? What can I do? Where can I go? Sigh... I need to know myself better, know my strengths (do I have any?), know what I want before I can move any further.

No comments: