Saturday, December 22, 2007

My first Prawn Fishing Trip!

Ho ho ho..... My so-called x'mas break started on Thursday & it will last all the way to Tuesday. Yah, I took leave yesterday & on x'mas eve so that I can enjoy a long long weekend! Yeah!!

I was tasked to organise the activities for yesterday. Haha...so after some thoughts & research, I decided to plan for a prawn fishing trip. Given some advice from my "advisor", we decided to head for the prawning place @ Sin Ming instead of the one at the Bottle Tree Park. Situated just beside the Golf course @ Sin Ming, there's in fact 4 ponds from which you can fish the prawns! Interestingly, the bait used is actually small cubes of pig's liver. Yes, place the bait on the hook & you are ready for your catch!

One of the ponds

The Bait

After a good 2.5 hours of fishing, we finall caught.... 10 PRAWNS!!!! Wahaha....Compared to others it's not really a fruitful catch, but it was really fun & we both enjoyed it!

Our 10 LIVE prawns!!

With the 10 live prawns pcked in a plactic bag, we were clueless as to how to deal with them. Hmm....steam them? Grill them? Fry then?? But...first & foremost, how to kill them??? Best solution: Freeze them in the freezer!!!
A day later, I'm sure that they were definitely frozen to death (seems so ruthless hor?) & so I cooked them with margarine, garlic & black pepper. Yummy!! Here they are! From live to cooked! Poor prawns, but that's the fact of life!

My cooked prawns. Nice??

No comments: