Saturday, April 12, 2008

Choir Concert

In support of my dearest ex-tutee, Lakshmi, I purchased 2 tickets to watch her choir performance tonight. Hee Hee....

The concert was held at Victoria Concert Hall. Well, it's been a couple of years since I last attended a concert there. Yeah, the concerts I've attended recently were held either at the Singapore Indoor Stadium or Expo Hall. Well, to be true, those were the pop song concerts. Haha... Unlike this time round, a choir concert!

The concert started off with an interesting song, "One a Twenty", sung by the choir. So why do I say that this song is interesting? Basically, the piece was done in a way which requires it to be partly spoken and partly sung close to pitch. A pretty lively song to start with as well. To make the concert a little more interesting, there was a guest performance by another choir group and the concert was ended with a grand finale of Disney movie magic. Basically, the finale was very much like the High School Musical. Lots of singing and dancing. Interesting!

Besides the concert, we ended up getting quite interested in how the teenagers nowadays dress. Well, I guess they've tried to dress in their very best for the evening. However, many just ended making themselves look weird. Hmm...in a way, I do think that teenage years is an awkward period where you are "neither here nor there" (no longer kids but not adults yet) and have not much idea on how to dress appropriately. Looking at the teenagers who have attended the concert, I started to ponder how I look like when I was about their age. Well, ermm, some 10+ years back? Was I like them back then?? Haha....Looking back at my pictures taken back in those days, OMG! Can't believe that's me. The silly-looking me! Haha....

No comments: