Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My first Aquaaerobics class!

Today is Ben & Jerry's free cone day! The good thing is that I'm on half day today. Yeah!!! But this is my last half day to be cleared for the remaining leave from last year. Really gotta be careful on how I spend my leave in the remaining months since I plan to visit Ah Ma at San Francisco in December. Yes!!! Really can't wait till then! :)

Yeah, back to my half day of leave today. Sadly, I didn't managed to get any free cone today. I made a trip down to Suntec City after taking a nice afternoon nap. Ermm...well, I wasn't there specially for the free cone lah, but was there for a swim & to try out the aqua-aerobics class at my gym. I was expecting to see long queues outside Carrfour (which happened last year) with people queueing for their free cones yet I saw no one giving out free cones! Not even at the B & J shop. Later did I realise that the free giveaway was only available at selected outlets. Disappointing! Nevertheless, I still went off for my swim, happily. :)

Oh yeah! Did some leisure swim at the pool, relax abit and waited for the aqua-aerobics class to commence. Haha!!! Finally!!! I always wanted to try it but didn't get the chance to. I was so excited!!

The class started off with some basic warm-up exercises in the water. It still appeared easy then. As the class progressed, oh manz, it's pretty tedious. Especially when you see the instructress going through the motions so fast and effortless at the surface (while we were in the water), it seemed like there's no way to catch up with her. Later part of the class, she used the "noodle", which is a long rod-shaped float that is used as a resistance in water. I kept floating upwards when I use it while others managed to stay in water. OMG! So malu!!! I wonder if it's my technique or really like the instructress said, that I'm ligher than the "noodle" in water. Haha....

Anyway, it was a fun session. So hungry & tired after the class.

No comments: