Friday, April 04, 2008

Quarter life Crisis?

This morning, a few colleagues & I gathered (we are sort of the older gang in our lab, either in terms of age or experience. wahaha) in a corner of the lab, not so much to gossip but to talk about our plan for the future. Hmm...future in the current job seems bleak, unless I don't mind staying as a RA for the rest of my life. But the thing is I do mind. I don't wish to be the one doing all the experiments yet not always clear of what I am doing, why I am doing and for who I am doing the things for. I don't want to be stuck at the bottom of the flat hierarchy forever and fighting for all the little things which means nothing to me yet are the only things which can be used to so-called prove my ability in the company. It's just makes me a tired at times.

To many of us, now the work just seems so monotonous & everyday we are just waiting for lunch, then at 5.30pm, time to knock off. Then wait for monthly pay-day. I don't know if it's my current project or after staying on the job for almost 4 years now which makes me feel a little demoralised and lost now. Hope this feeling go away soon.

Anyway, I've also started to take some actions on my plans for the future. Still hope to future studies. Well, just submitted a proposal to my boss & I'm now waiting for a reply. Hope it's a positive one! :) If not, I guess it's probably time to move on to elsewhere.

No comments: