Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tree Planting

Yeah, today was my co's community day. Theme for this year - Tree Planting!!!

But the activity did not start until afternoon. In other words, I still gotta work in the morning. Sigh...anyway, on my usual way to work, I received a call from Ah ma! Oh well, Ah ma is a nickname given to one of my uni friends, she not my real ah ma (grandmother), ok? Haha....

Yeah, she's been in Boston for her attachment since last Sept and this was the first time that I got a call from her. What a pleasant surprise early in the morning. Hee hee....

Yeah, got to discuss abit about our plan to explore California either in August or end of the year. Hope things go as plan. But gotta survive some 18hrs of flight. OMG! My longest flight so far was the one to Turkey which took 10+hrs. Hope to confirm o the details for the trip soon. I'm so excited!! Hee hee....
Oh, back to the trees. Yah, we were pretty lucky that the afternoon was bright and sunny after the heavy rain in the morning. It was so funny to see my colleagues drying their socks in the oven, and some used the heat guns in the lab to blow dry their wet shoes in the morning. Haha....

We reached Changi connector park around 1.30pm and after the regional head gave his speech, off we went to the tree planting site to witness the planting of the 1st 2 trees by all the division heads. Finally, it was our turn! We had been splitted up into 4 groups to plant the trees at different parts of the park & I belonged to the yellow team. 5 other colleagues & I got the spade & shovel before starting to dig the ground. Haha...very soon after, we planted 3 trees!!! Haha...that's was fun! Here's one of our little tree.....

The event soon ended with some refeshments followed by a closing speech by my director. Hope to go back some day to look at the trees which I have planted. Well, that's provided that I can recognise them. Haha....

No comments: