Friday, December 10, 2004

I'm now 22!!! Haiz...

Today is a day which I hope won't come too soon, but still, it's here. I'm announced 22 years old. Oh manz, I among the younger ones or sometimes the youngest in my groups, & I always make fun of my friends & colleagues, saying that I'm still young, only 21...Now I feel so old, already 2 years into young adulthood, in 3 years time I'll be into the 'real' stage of adulthood, attached to it are the side effects of aging, saging skin, white hair, lower metabolism, decreased vitality... Oh no....but that's just part & parcel of life...Just gotta take my stride... Anyway, that's gonna be 3 years down the road (I hope.. *crossing my fingers*), so I shall enjoy my 3 more golden years from now...

Back to today, I was delighted to receive so many well-wishes through sms from my family & pals, thanks for remembering my b'dae! I got my 1st present early in the morning...Well, my dear bro got me a watch, not a typical one that I have, a sporty one...Guess what? the watch wasn't working..Haha...I was laughing at how unlucky he was...But I really appreciate it... Thanks didi.. Make sure u get it fixed before delivering it to me again...

Haha...It was really a pleasant surprise when Leona called me up to wish me 'Happy Birthday' and we chatted for quite a while (during office hour...oopz..shhh..). Really nice of her to remember it, well, we have left LTA for around 3 years already, & without fail, she'll send me b'dae greetings every year.. Feel so paisey coz I didn't even know when's hers.

Today has been a busy day working my column again.This time round not a gigantic one, but my compound was giving me trouble. It simply refused to elute from the column. Haiz... so it costed me my lunch hour...sob sob... My colleagues planned to go Holland V for nasi lemak yet I can't join them...It's my b'dae, & I gotta stay in lab alone during lunch...That's seemed pretty sad,rite? Haiz... But anyway, I was too worried over my compound, no appetite to eat then..Yah, I'm a workaholic, I admit to it... However, in the end, my colleagues didn't go Holland V for nasi lemak...hehe~~

After they came back from lunch, I could sense that something was up in their sleeves as they behaved strangely. They kept popping into my lab to ask me whether I'm done with my stuff...Later, Glad came in to inform me that there's an urgent safety meeting to attend & I gotta be there immediately... I know something was amiss..nevertheless, i attended to it. Haha...it's such a surprise! They have bought me a blueberry cheesecake & sung me a b'dae song! I was really touched. Well, really didn't expect these since they've already brought me to Sushi Tei yesterday...Thanks alot, dear colleagues! Ermm...out of politeness, I gotta pass some cake to my boss, it wasn't an easy task to bring cake to him, especially when his office on a different level, not very nice not to offer those who saw the cake...but there's no way for me to hide the cake too...Well, my boss is tall & an ang moh somemore, so I think he can take 2 slices, though I'm like super full with 1 slice, no lunch. Cheesecake is pretty rich.. Haha...my nice boss was afraid of weight gain too...but he enjoyed the cake, just a slice of it, had no idea what to do with the other piece...haha...Then did we realised that he's b'dae was on the 8th dec... So he's a saggitarius too...

Well, I was among the last few to leave the office, no choice...I wanted to leave early too, but just when I was about to go, my boss came to talk to me about some work stuff..

Had dinner with my jc pals at Swensens. Gd food, but felt sinful, seemed to have started feasting since yesterday, & think gonna continue this for the next few days since I'll be out & my boss giving a treat on Mon. Oh no...weight gain!! Clashes with my objective...haha.. Thanks pal for getting me a b'dae ice cream &.... ANOTHER blueberry cheesecake! Again??Haha...luckily just a slice...but i'm really too full & feel too sinful to take it... So I've left it to my big-eater at home to gobble it down on my behalf.. Sorry pals, I'm really too full to take it...

To conclude: A great day, lotz of surprises & well-wishes...Really had a wonderful birthday... BTW, do I stink? Y a bottle of shower gel from body shop huh?



No comments: