Friday, December 03, 2004

Kampung Nite @ Raffles Hotel

It was a fantastic nite. Today was the annual dinner & dance for my company. Well, the theme for this year was Kampong Nite - Adopt a Culture. Haha...guess what culture have I adopted? Chinese? Well, cheong sum is definitely a no-no, since i possess neither the figure nor the elegance for that. Malay? Hmm...I could have easily borrowed some malay costumes from my friends but I didn't.Feel that I won't look gd in that.. But basically I don't look good in anything! Well, my colleague said that I dressed like a gypsy...haha...well, amybe somewhere there, a mix of Indian and tribal...haha..

Well, although the food tasted awful, we were having fun with the games and the dance. I even had a glass of red wine...haha...despite the fact that I'll turn red on alcohol...

I was being pushed by my colleagues to play the so-called animals game. Oh my, initially I thought that I got to act out some animals...Well, can u imagine I was dressed in long skirt, trying hard to look demure (tried very hard,still failed...haha) on the nite yet gotta act out animals?? Haha... thank goodness,it wasn't as bad as I thought, thou it wasn't any much better too... We gotta make the noise of the animal when the host flashed the cards.... I was kicked off the stage when he flashed peacock...Well, by the way, does peacock make any noise? I really wonder...haha..

A lucky nite for me, I've won myself a $50 Takashimaya voucher in the lucky draw. Hohoho...can do my B'dae shopping..haha.. Well, didn't expect that,but it was a pleasant surprise. The prize was presented by my boss,oh, the ang moh. I was feeling so embarassed, coz he showed his "European style of hospitality" to the winners...hehe...
The first prize was won by a new staff who just joined the company for 3 days! A really fortunate guy.

It's really a great diiner, taking pictures and dancing away. Hope next year I'll still be able to join their D&D...
Hope so...

No comments: